Méduse is a unique structure in North America. A cooperative of artistic, cultural and community producers and disseminators, it opened its doors in 1995. Its 4000 m2 building complex, located in the St. Roch District, at the heart of Downtown Québec City, includes ten autonomous non-profit organizations leading the way in contemporary arts.
They have distinct, complementary missions. Through its member organizations, Méduse gives artists access to high-end production and dissemination spaces and equipment. The cooperative is a major hub for the production and dissemination of contemporary arts in Canada.
– housing in the studio-apartment for one person (3 months);
– production allowance: CA$ 6,000
– access to coop member rates for equipment rentals and services;
– promotion of the residency;
– organization of artist talks or public presentations;
– production of a short video clip documenting the residency and/or the project.
Check out their website to learn more!