The Pure Talents Contest, organised by imm cologne, is one of the largest tradeshows for interior design worldwide, and one of the most prestigious awards for young product designers. Over the last fifteen years 436 products from 482 international designers had been presented in the annual exhibition during imm cologne.
In its sixteenth edition in 2019, up to 20 designers or designer groups will be invited to Cologne to present their prototypes to the interior design business in the special exhibition of the Pure Talents Contest.
Out of all entries from the product categories furniture, home accessories, lighting, flooring, wallpaper and textiles, and smart home, the jury will select 20 nominees that will be shown in the exhibition and out of which the first three prizes will be selected in a final Jury on the occasion of imm cologne 2019.
- The competition is open to design students and designers that graduated within the last three years (after January 1, 2015.)
- Design teams are also invited to participate however each team may only have a maximum of three members and all members of the group must be named during the online registration on the website of imm cologne and have to fulfil the requirements of the competition.
- There are no limitations with regard to age or origin of the designers applying for the competition.
- It is only allowed to enter prototypes for the competition, concepts or rendered models will not be taken into account during the selection process for the exhibition.
- The designs should have been produced within the previous twelve months. Only prototype products may be submitted which have not yet been included in series productions, although those in the preparatory stages of series production may be eligible for entry.
- The participation in the Pure Talents Contest is free of charge.
For further details please see the Conditions of Participation published on the website of imm cologne.
You can also learn more about imm cologne here.
Award and prize money
- All selected designers will receive the label ‘PURE TALENTS CONTEST Nominee’ which can be used for their own communication purposes.
- The exhibition will be held from January 14 to 20, 2019 during the international tradeshow imm cologne 2019 and LivingKitchen 2019.
- All the designers are invited to Cologne and Koelnmesse grants an individual financial support for travelling and accommodation of the designers as well as the shipment of the selected products.
- From the final Jury the first three winners of the competition are selected and awarded with a prize money of € 3,000 for the 1st prize, € 2,000 for the 2nd prize and € 1,000 for the 3rd prize. The award for the LivingKitchen Selection is endowed with a prize money of € 3,000.
Application deadline: Friday, 14 September 2018
Nominee selection: Beginning of October 2018
Notification of the selected designers: Until Mid of October 2018 by e-mail
Submission of prototypes for the exhibition: All the young designers nominated will be informed individually.
Exhibition at imm cologne 2019 & LivingKitchen 2019: 14 to 20 January 2019