The latest “Dream NEW” scholarship is seeking adventurous students looking to venture beyond a ‘normal’ life while dreaming of the impossible and reaching for the stars. The awarding of the scholarship is not based on grades, semester or subject of study.
A total of 25 scholarships with a combined value of 60,300 GBP will be awarded for a semester abroad in New Zealand.
Applicants must meet ALL the following criteria:
- Must be a EU (or United Kingdom, Norway or Switzerland) citizen or hold EU (or United Kingdom, Norway or Switzerland) residents status for a minimum of 2 years
- Currently enrolled at a tertiary institution in one of the 28 EU countries or the United Kingdom, Norway or Switzerland
- 18 years or above at the time of application
Applications are welcome from citizens (or residents) of all European Union countries or the United Kingdom, Norway or Switzerland for a “Study Abroad” Semester on undergraduate level as offered by the New Zealand universities and institutions.
Applicants must have English language proficiency in order to undertake courses in New Zealand. You will need to provide evidence of this in order to apply for the scholarship.
How to Apply
1) Fill out the scholarship application form online HERE.
2) In addition to the application form, you must submit/ upload the below in order to complete the “Dream NEW” application.
- Official transcript/s of university/tertiary level qualification/s to date
- Evidence of English-Language proficiency
- Curriculum Vitae (resume)
- Copy of the photo ID page of your passport
- Online reference from your home university (professor, lecturer, etc.)
3) Video or text statement: Create a short video OR write a short blog/essay introducing yourself and explaining why you’re the right candidate for the “Dream New” Scholarship. Show why you are a New Zealand fan; what you are dreaming of; which university you have chosen, explain what and why you’d like to study in New Zealand. Your statement should showcase your personality, creativity and your desire for New Zealand.
Statements can be submitted in one of the following formats:
- Video (maximum 2 minutes)
- Online blog / essay (maximum 1,500 characters, including spaces)
4) English language skills:
Candidates must submit either:
- A scan of the certificate/s of English language proficiency you hold (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, DAAD, university tests etc.) OR,
- A letter from your current European university, confirming your English language proficiency.
12,320 more scholarships
Besides the scholarship mentioned above, there are over 12,300 additional scholarship programs available for you that are worth considering. With just a few clicks, our multi-award winning scholarship search engine www.european-funding-guide.eu selects and displays for you 10 – 15 scholarship programmes and other funding opportunities that fit your needs. This sophisticated matching process makes it possible to compare your profile with the scholarship programs in the database. Featuring more than 12,300 scholarship programmes with a combined value of 23,6 billion GBP per year, European Funding Guide is by far Europe’s largest scholarship platform.
3 reasons why you should absolutely apply for scholarships:
1) More than 28 awarding criteria play a role in your chances as a recipient, such as birth place, subject of study or gender. No one can say straightaway what their chances are of being awarded a scholarship. Yet even without high grades, your prospects are good!
2) 23,6 billion GBP in scholarships are awarded in Europe per year.
3) Many scholarship providers don’t receive enough applications. This lack of recipients means that every year millions of euros in available scholarship funds can’t be distributed.