fbpx Financing Your Education: Sources of Support Country by Country — PCA

Financing Your Education: Sources of Support Country by Country

World Map
©Nicolas Raymond

Here is some information on scholarships offered by local governments and by French Embassies to students looking to pursue their studies abroad in France. This is what we have found so far but, don’t hesitate to do your own research! There are lots of opportunities out there!


Charpak Scholarships – Masters program

Run by the French Embassy in India, this scholarship is designed for one to two years of studies in France at a Master’s degree for all fields of study. The Charpak Master Program offers two kinds of scholarships based on merit:

a) Charpak AME Scholarship (Allocation Mensuelle d’Entretien):

  • Living allowance of 615€ per month
  • Medical insurance coverage (approx. 250€/year)
  • Student visa fee waiver (16,500 INR approx.)
  • Assistance to find affordable student accommodation

b) Charpak BCS Scholarship (Bourse de Couverture Sociale)

  • Medical insurance coverage (approx. 300€/ academic year)
  • Student visa fee waiver (16,500 INR approx.)
  • Assistance to find affordable student accommodation

Eligibility criteria:

  • Be an Indian citizen and reside in India
  • Be a student currently enrolled at an Indian Institution of higher learning
  • Be 30 years old maximum at the time of application
  • The course must take place in France

For more information and to submit your application go here.


Study Abroad Scholarship Program – FONCA-CONACYT

With the purpose of promoting and strengthening education and artistic research, as well as to train researchers and specialists of excellence in the different artistic disciplines, the Mexican Ministry of Culture, in collaboration with the National Council of Science and Technology (CONACYT), summons students looking to start a Masters program to participate in the selection process in order to obtain a scholarship to study in academic institutions abroad.

The scholarship might include:

  • Living allowance per month
  • Financial assistance for medical insurance
  • Up to $200,000 pesos per year for tuition fees.

Eligibility criteria:

  • Be a Mexican citizen
  • Have an Undergraduate degree
  • Have a 8/10 GPA
  • Be accepted into the Masters degree of an Institution abroad.
  • Have a certified English qualification

Applications are open from April 10th to May 25th. To submit your application, you must register in Foncaenlinea, fill out the form and upload the requested documents. Register here to send your application!

Exchange Scholarship Program – Ministry of Public Education

For those of you who wish to come to PCA with an exchange program, you might be eligible for this scholarship offered by the Mexican Ministry of Public Education.


  • Be of Mexican nationality
  • Be a regular undergraduate or graduate student at a Mexican university
  • Have a 8.5/10 GPA
  • If you’re a student at a private institution, you must have a current scholarship that covers at least 50% of the tuition fee.

The scholarship grants $50,000 pesos and is only available for one semester exchange program. The beneficiary has to cover the cost of their visa as well as the cost of the airplane ticket, medical insurance in France and living arrangements. Go here for more info.

French Government Scholarships – Ministry of Exterior Relations

The government of France offers 5 scholarships for Master students in any field of study. The scholarship can be renewed for a second year.

The scholarship includes:

  • Living allowance of €767 per month
  • Medical insurance coverage
  • Student visa fee waiver
  • Reservation priority at university residences

The beneficiary will have to cover the cost of the airplane ticket.

To apply you must submit a list of required documents to the Ministry of Exterior Relations. This scholarship program is valid for the 2017-2019 academic years. For more information click here.


Brett Whiteley Travelling Art Scholarship

The Brett Whiteley Studio, administered by the Art Gallery of New South Wales, awards an annual travelling art scholarship to a talented artist aged 20-30 with an established body of work who is best able to demonstrate the use and benefit of the scholarship to further their art education in Europe.

The scholarship consists of AUS$40,000 and a three-month residency at the Cité Internationale des Arts, Paris, which is administered by the Gallery. The AUS$40,000 must be used by the successful applicant to further their art education in Europe for at least six months (including the three-month Cité residency) at the specified time.


  • Be an Australian citizen
  • Be living in Australia during the scholarship application and announcement period
  • Be aged between 20 and 30 years old

To apply, you must submit 10 images of your work by July 7th 2017 to the gallery. The online entry form will be available May 15th 2017.

For more info click here.

United Kingdom

Entente Cordiale Scholarship

The Entente Cordiale Scholarship Scheme is a prestigious bi-lateral awards scheme that funds British postgraduate students who want to study in France and French students who want to study in the UK. Funded for the most part by the private sector in both countries the scheme provides funding for around 20 French and British students each year.

Long-term scholarships cover a whole academic year and are best suited for students wishing to study for a Master 1 or a Master 2. Scholars receive a maintenance award of £8,000. The scholarship is for one year only and is not renewable.


  • Be of British nationality
  • Be a postgraduate student with a clear idea of your professional goals
  • Have an excellent track record illustrating your achievements, both academically or otherwise
  • There’s no age limit

The deadline for this year’s application was March 17th, but it’s an annual opportunity. Stay informed and prepare your application for next year here.


British Colombia – StudentAid BC

Students from British Columbia that have been accepted to Paris College of Art are eligible for funding through StudentAid BC to help with the cost of their post-secondary education through loans, grants, scholarships, and other programs. To receive student financial assistance, students must be enrolled full-time, be Canadian citizens and have a valid Canadian social insurance number that does not start with 0 or 8 (these social insurance numbers are not eligible for StudentAid BC). Students must also be residents of British Columbia and be able to demonstrate financial need. Students can apply directly on the StudentAidBC website.

Go to StudentAidBC

Canada Student Loans

Canadian post-secondary students are eligible to receive Canada Student Loans to finance a portion of their educational and moving expenses for attending full-time or part-time programs at Paris College of Art. To learn more and apply for Canada Student Loans, visit the website for your provincial or territorial student loan office.

The amount that each Canadian student receives is determined by several factors, including tuition expenses, books, and moving expenses, which is compared to student’s savings, assets, support of parents, scholarships and bursaries, and other income sources.

Nationally, all Canadian post-secondary students without dependents are eligible to receive $71,400 CDN over a maximum period of 340 weeks, which is the equivalent of a weekly maximum of $210 CDN/week. Provincially, amounts vary across province and territories.

In British Columbia, students without dependents could receive a maximum of $50,000 CDN over a maximum period of 340 weeks, or a maximum amount of $320 CDN/week. In Ontario, students without dependents attending schools outside of Canada could receive up to $210 CDN/week maximum.

Canada Student Loans are repayable and start to collect interest at a low rate six months after graduation.


Danish State Educational Grant and Loan Scheme (SU)

In some cases, Danish students are entitled to public support for their tertiary education. In order to get the SU student grant forPCA you must be a Danish citizen. Furthermore, if you apply for the SU grant for an education abroad you must have been a resident in Denmark for a period of at least 2 consecutive years within the last 10 years prior to the reception of the application. Support is granted for a maximum of 4 years, i.e. support can be granted for study programs of up to 4 years duration or for the last 4 years of a longer program. Students apply for support online on the minSU website.

Go to the minSU website


Sallie Mae Student Loans

Students who are accepted to PCA and who are US citizens can apply for the Sallie Mae Smart Option Private Student Loan to help them pay tuition and/or living expenses. Students are able to apply for annual loans that equal our annual published cost of tuition and living expenses, however, in the interest of future financial stability of our students, we have set a limit of 10,000€ as the annual amount that students can borrow through Sallie Mae.

Occasionally, upon written request, we can remove this limit but we strongly advise students and their families read carefully about the different repayment options before doing so. Should you require a loan that exceeds this amount, you will need to submit a written letter to the Financial Assistance Committee asking that we remove the loan authorization limit and explaining in detail the reasons for such a request.

To find out more information about Sallie Mae Student Loans, please consult their website or give them a call at 800-272-554. Please note that our institution’s code is: 609183-00.

Visit the Sallie Mae website.