The residency is open to professional artists working in all visual arts media and disciplines, as well as to curators and art historians.
L’AiR Arts is a not-for-profit organisation with the mission to inspire creativity through designing international artist residency experiences for artists and art professionals from all walks of life. The residency will not only give you the opportunity to explore Paris and have space in which to comfortably stay and work, it will also give you an insider’s view into the important role that international artists like you have played in Paris from the late 19th century to the present day. The programme is specially designed to encourage participants to evaluate their place as an international artist in Paris and situate their artistic exploration and practice within both the historical and contemporary context of art production in the city.
L’AiR Arts Residency Program in Paris includes:
- Accommodation in either a private or shared room (based on your preferences, see the host page)
- Half-board meals: buffet breakfast and either lunch or dinner of french cuisine (including to-go option)
- Welcoming dinner at a historic restaurant famous for its artists’ gatherings
- Closing dinner / reception
- Shared studio use and open studio event
- Cultural Program and other activities together
Cultural Program includes:
- Historical artist studio tours
- Current artist studio / residency visits and meetings with local artists
- Tours / walks of different artistic neighbourhoods of Paris: Montparnasse, Montmartre, Marais, Belleville
- A day trip to Barbizon, and hike in Fontainebleau forest (with the option of time for plein air work)
- Gallery visits and discussions with gallery owners/curators
- Visits to artist collectives and arts service organizations
- Paris Museum Pass (2 days)
OPEN CALL for Tuesday, October 16 – Monday 30, 2018
Application deadline: Sunday, July 15, 2018
Apply here for your residency program!