Every year, the KidGuard Education scholarship is open to all undergraduate and graduate students at PCA interested in applying. The non-profit KidGuard Education foundation is offering multiple essay scholarships ranging from $500-$1,000 for students at Paris College of Art. KidGuard Education equips parents with technological tools and information to keep their children safe. The purpose of this scholarship is to increase awareness of issues surrounding cyberbullying, online predators, adolescent suicide, childhood depression and efficient methods that can be used to form safe environments for children and their families in our technological age. During the last two years, KidGuard Education has awarded 8000$ in scholarships to several students.
How to Apply
To apply, students must choose one prompt from the list below and submit an essay or video addressing the prompt.
- How have your family, parents, school, and teachers influenced who you are today? Use personal experiences to support your answer.
- How much freedom should parents give their children? Use personal experiences to support your answer.
- What are some dangers that youth may face on the internet? Use personal experiences, news articles, or research to support your answer.
- What should you do if you or a friend is bullied on the web? Please discuss solutions for both scenarios. Use personal experiences to support your answer.
- Discuss ways that youth can use the internet or social media to positively impact their communities. Use personal experiences to support your answer.
Students must then submit their essay or video and fill out the form through the link :
This scholarship will now be an annual opportunity. The deadline is every year on Oct. 31.