If you want to spice up your playlist and discover new tunes, you can steal some ideas from Communication Design student Ariel Ronayne’s Spring 2021 playlist.
Three months into 2021, and we can now confidently say that spring is here. Spring is the season for many things; spring cleaning, shorter hair, shaking off the winter chill… But most of all, for those of us who’ve been stuck in our homes for most of this new year, the spring weather feels like a warm, socially distanced hug.
And as we come out of the winter haze, nothing heralds spring like a new playlist!
As artists and students from all around the world, there can be a great discrepancy between us all regarding our tastes, but something that I find connects us all, however, is music. We may be critics, designers, excentrists, romantics… but at the end of the day, we’re all appreciators. Because music can act as a tool for creation as well as fuel for inspiration, it seems to be the one art form anyone can get behind.
To help you get some fresh inspiration, I am sharing with you ten songs that made me want to create this year:
1. Main Theme – Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Perfect Springtime Tune.
2. Hidamari no Mori Uta – Masakatsu Takagi (OST from the anime film Wolf Children: Ame and Yuki)
Serene, Quiet, Exhale.
3. Eowyn – City Girl
Low Fi Study Beats-esque.
4. Sigur Rós – Rains of Castamere (Game of Thrones cover)
5. Lovesick Girls – Blackpink
Jump, Dance, Create.
6. Reasons Not to Die (Demo) – Ryn Weaver
Melancholy, Lay in Bed and Sketch.
7. Moonlight Sonata Adagio Sostenuto – Beethoven
Solem, Contemplative, Tortured Artists vibes.
8. this is me trying – Taylor Swift
A good theme for 2020-2021.
9. Again – YUI
10. Shelter – Porter Robinson & Madeon